From August 15 - December 15, 2010, I will be working as an architecture intern with Engineering Ministries International in Colorado Springs, CO. I will be helping to design a girls orphanage in Sudan, so I have the great opportunity to travel to Juba, Sudan for a couple weeks to work on the project there too! I'm so excited for this big adventure that God has me on for these next few months and I've created this blog to share that excitement with you! Thanks so much for visiting, your encouragement and support is always appreciated!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Back in the USA...

...after a weekend in England!
Ginnie, myself, & Val in Frinton-on-Sea (on the English Channel!)
 I spent this past weekend in Colchester, England, with the eMi UK interns and it was a wonderful pit-stop on my way back to the US!
Levanham church
The two interns there, Valerie & Ginnie, and I had a bunch of fun touring around the romantic English countryside with its beautiful autumn colors and delicious tea and scones. It was so great to have fellowship with other interns again! I didn't realize how much I missed that during my month away. I went into work with them on Monday and got to experience the eMi UK office. Its small, but very warm and welcoming, and really there's never a dull moment there. England is just such a charming place--a stark contrast from Cairo--and I immediately felt like I could have stayed there for a long time. It was a great weekend for me to relax and reflect on my time in Africa, and think about the next couple of months in Colorado and beyond!

 Being back is great. I loved travelling and the adventure I was blessed to be on this last month, but there really is no place like home. Actually, I'm not home yet, being in Colorado Springs for the next couple of months still, but it's home for now! It's been wonderful to be back at the office, with my intern friends and coworkers. And the weather here is also wonderful. I never realized how much of a cold-weather person I am until I lived in Africa for a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment